job description: ministry assistant
Part-time: 24 hours per week // Hourly Rate to commensurate
Current Office Hours (Mon., Tues., Thurs. 8:00am-1:00pm, and
Under the supervision of the Pastor, the Ministry Assistant
is responsible for performing administrative duties that support the ministry
of the local church.
- Handle all incoming calls to the church office.
Check voicemails. Maintain answering system and update weekly with on-call info.
- Monitor church office email daily.
- Maintain Church Membership Software- update
- Prepare bulletin for weekly distribution.
Prepare inserts for bulletin. Prepare weekly prayer planner.
- Format and print/email letters from the Pastor
to congregation or community.
- Inventory Office Supplies and manage
corresponding budget line items.
- Sort mail for staff and leaders. Communicate
Baptist Association information to leadership.
- Organize and prepare materials for different
ministries within the church.
- Pull reports from membership software as needed.
- Communicate pertinent information to
staff/congregation (births, deaths, illnesses, etc.)
- Perform duties that frequently involve
confidential and/or highly sensitive information.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Must acknowledge Jesus Christ as their Lord and
- Must demonstrate skills such as typing, filing,
planning, organizing. Should also be proficient in Microsoft Office programs
(e.g. Word, Publisher).
- Any experience with design software (e.g. Adobe)
is a plus.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills necessary
to work with a diverse group of members, employees, and guests.
- Must be a self-starter and able to perform
responsibilities without close supervision. Must handle the stress of being
involved in a church environment.
- Must be professional and have the ability to
investigate and resolve a variety of unusual conditions, problems, or
- Must be attentive to details and have
comprehension and research skills.
- Normal office environment.
- Work includes some walking, standing, bending,
and carrying or moving some moderately heavy items.
- Work schedule could be slightly modified during
the year to help Pastor with leadership trainings for local church.